MORE ABOUT ME…

My name is Tim Patterson. I am a husband, father, Southern Baptist Minister, and Network Administrator/Engineer. I currently work at North Greenville University in Tigerville, SC. Erin is my wife and Veronica my daughter is just something special. I like reading, discussing theology, photography, sports, and being a couch potato when time permits.

Why Apparent Contradictions?

I have based a large part of my life on the premise that two statements that contradict one another cannot both be true. I am also aware that I sometimes live a life that seems inconsistent with this belief. Often times this creates apparent contradictions. I am now inviting you to be apart of them.

Hangin' with V and Fixing Email Problems (It's a Daddy Life)!

This morning has been very interesting. It started with my sick little girl acting like a wild woman waiting for her medicine to kick in. At the same time, I was working on breakfast because I was constantly hearing "I am starving, Daddy!" I am also trying to respond to the torrent of emails and questions that come at me all the time and are a seemingly inescapable part of my job (even when I am taking time off).

A few minutes into V's breakfast, I look up to see all of her oatmeal coming back into the bowl from which it was disappearing just moments before, but this time it was seasoned with juice.
This is all happening in the instant I am fixing an email problem that has dogged me all a week long. I won't give you the details on that, but I will say it is a strange feeling being elated, relieved, concerned, and nauseated all at the same time.

Now we are watching the Spiderwick Chronicles on DVD while I continue to sort email and blog this post. I do hope I have seen the last repeat performance of a meal for the day.

1 comments:

  1. Erin said...
     

    You deserve Daddy of the Year after dealing with that. :)

Post a Comment



 

Sunset on Halloween 08 from NGU

Anderson Mill

Veronica in the Leaves

Butterfly

Dragon Fly

Sailboat Passing the Cooper River Bridge

Bald Eagle

Early in the Morning