I can't believe that it has been 6 years - time has flown! I still remember seeing you at the end of the aisle as I walked down with your grandfather holding my arm to give me away. You looked so excited to see me and I felt like a princess meeting her prince. Since that day, our love has only grown deeper and I can't imagine my life before you. I love you so much and I hope you realize that. You are my everything. Here are some reasons I adore you...
1. You are the most passionate person I know. Whether it's about Christianity, the 5 points, Florida State football, Tony Stewart, or the benefits of Mac versus Windows, you can argue politely yet firmly with anyone and help them see your point of view. You politely listen but can talk passionately about all these topics and more for hours on end. Sometimes I get aggravated (when I am not winning the argument!) but I admire your passion and knowledge.
2. You are the best listener EVER. Even though you can talk for long periods of time about anything I can think of, you also are an awesome listener. You show that you are paying attention and you remember every detail about what anyone tells you. Even if it is something you don't really care about like what the horrible student did for the umpteenth time in my classroom, you still listen and offer advice and let me know you care.
3. You surprise me when I least expect it. I LOVE Totally Random Days and I love how you make all these plans to do things that you know will make me feel so special. I love the way that you and V always wake me up on my birthday and I love seeing you guys conspire to mess with me. It is silly and sweet all at the same time!
4. You are the best daddy in the universe. I know you were nervous about whether you were ready to be a dad because you never had a "dad", but you have studied and read and thought so much about how to be a great dad. You didn't even need to do all of that, because it just comes naturally. I see you with V, in the good times and bad, and it melts my heart because I feel inferior compared to you. You have transformed this little girl who didn't know how to relate to guys into a complete and total daddy's girl.
5. You make me feel like a better wife and mother than I am. There are so many days that I feel like I get it wrong much more than I get it right, but you are always there to cheer me on and give me a reality check if I need it. You compliment me all the time and make me feel so special.
6. You can make me laugh like no one else in this world! Even when I am tired or sad or just not feeling like me, you always say something to make me laugh. There's not time to list all the funny things that you have done for me but you always make me feel better, no matter what the situation.
I love you, baby! I can't wait to spend the next 60 years of our lives together.