MORE ABOUT ME…

My name is Tim Patterson. I am a husband, father, Southern Baptist Minister, and Network Administrator/Engineer. I currently work at North Greenville University in Tigerville, SC. Erin is my wife and Veronica my daughter is just something special. I like reading, discussing theology, photography, sports, and being a couch potato when time permits.

Why Apparent Contradictions?

I have based a large part of my life on the premise that two statements that contradict one another cannot both be true. I am also aware that I sometimes live a life that seems inconsistent with this belief. Often times this creates apparent contradictions. I am now inviting you to be apart of them.

I Almost Got Another

This college bowl season has been a pretty good one all in all. A lot of close games, a lot of exciting finishes, and most importantly my Noles won big over the latest challenger put before them. The only down side has been that almost every team I have cheered for has lost. I have been an absolute kiss of death to every team I have tried to inspire to victory by cheering for them from my living room. You name a team and I have single-handedly taken them down. Tonight while watching the Fiesta Bowl, I almost got another one. With a little over two minutes left, I had cheered the Longhorns to a 4 point deficit and then they started driving down the field. With 16 seconds left in the game, they scored a game winning touchdown and by the slightest of margins they stole a win from me. It was miracle. A team I was cheering for had actually won a game. How dare any team break free from the clutches of my fanship (no, I don't really think that is a word either).

I guess I will end the night by simply saying "Good game Texas and congratulations" and I am sorry that you are the team I wanted to win or it would have been a blow out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Sunset on Halloween 08 from NGU

Anderson Mill

Veronica in the Leaves

Butterfly

Dragon Fly

Sailboat Passing the Cooper River Bridge

Bald Eagle

Early in the Morning