MORE ABOUT ME…

My name is Tim Patterson. I am a husband, father, Southern Baptist Minister, and Network Administrator/Engineer. I currently work at North Greenville University in Tigerville, SC. Erin is my wife and Veronica my daughter is just something special. I like reading, discussing theology, photography, sports, and being a couch potato when time permits.

Why Apparent Contradictions?

I have based a large part of my life on the premise that two statements that contradict one another cannot both be true. I am also aware that I sometimes live a life that seems inconsistent with this belief. Often times this creates apparent contradictions. I am now inviting you to be apart of them.

Awesome Weekend Tragically Murdered by Thoughts of Work Tomorrow

Today in local news an area man's awesome weekend at home with his wife and daughter was tragically cut short late Sunday evening as he began to think about the week of work at hand.

As one of the voices in man's head commented, "It was a great weekend. Saturday, I spent the whole day working on building a Hackintosh out of my Asus EEE PC. Later that evening, my family and a friend of mine from work went and had a nice dinner at Moe's and saw the local magician that performs there on Saturdays. After that, I went and saw the incredibly crappy remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still with three of my friends from work. We all had a good time and enjoyed trying to comment on the ways they had screwed up the 1951 version of the film."

"Sunday is when things really started to seem weird. I slept in a little bit late which was really nice after the long days this past week and had a great late breakfast made by my wife. We made plans to celebrate Veronica's all A's on her report card and then we watched a movie together. That is when I fell asleep on the couch and I was there until I was interviewed for this story."

Our story now continues with what appears to be a third personality inside the man's head (which this reporter surely has a psuedo-mullet), "Man it was awesome! We went to Applebee's for this big dinner (it was Veronica's pick) and I had their great Brewtus burger on the foccacia bread. I am not normally a burger dude, steak and potatoes are normally the fat guy's thing, but this was awesome. We kicked back and had a chocolate chip cookie sundae for dessert. I ate my ice cream with some of Applebee's maple butter sauce. It rocked my face off! We then went home and played two hours of our new Wii game (Carnival Games). It was all awesome, as I am a natural "carnie". We put Veronica in bed and I thought the night was going to end great, but then when we came downstairs that "dad" dude insisted on coming out and paying bills, and then one thing led to another and he started thinking about what he needed to do at work next week and before you know it the awesome weekend lay dead on the couch next to him."

All that is left now is this post and the sound of the man's wife playing a game that she and his daughter discovered on Webkinz World today under the auspices of "try to earn more money for V's online pet".

All very tragic.

Now in sports...

2 comments:

  1. Erin said...
     

    I am seriously hooked on Webkinz arcade games. I think I need to start an intervention program for this.

  2. obladi oblada said...
     

    Great post..made me laugh as I can so relate to those murdered weekends....

Post a Comment



 

Sunset on Halloween 08 from NGU

Anderson Mill

Veronica in the Leaves

Butterfly

Dragon Fly

Sailboat Passing the Cooper River Bridge

Bald Eagle

Early in the Morning